Monday, May 17, 2004

 
Why I am a potential heart attack canidate: (in no particular order):

Citibank, Verizon, Comcast, Sprint and AOL. It's not that I don't have the money to pay for your services. It's the customer service aspect I can't afford. The slave labor hired to deal with corporate inefficiency. It is me versus the customer service mob, at the mercy of a calling center in Bangladesh, San Antonio or Newark. Places that are as remote from my backyard and from my cash under the matress. With compliance, id numbers, social security numbers, frustration, 9th time calling, 4 different fax numbers, no follow up, deals I don't need, cable channels I don't watch, credit cards I don't have, life insurance I apparently don't have the wisdom to pursue, (maybe I do), home equity lines, my mother's maiden name, addition and subtraction that must be contended, problems I must rehash over and over again, merger and acquisitions. I hear of another merger, another by-out, another change that I must go through to reach my customer service center. Not another service that must bend to meet my needs. It's always the other way around. The leverage of consolidating assets for further reaching demographics. A net that is cast across the Middle America that is shrinking. For business and earnings per share the middle class is shrinking and I am one. They are 2.5 BN in revenue. I am one. The comcast van broke down and they are late. They are only available when I am working. They are only available eastern time and during the week. When I am available, they are not. When I have a problem with what I pay, they are not around. Only numbers that must be present through protocol from more numbers. Bigger somewhere along the line became synonomous with better. Might is right is more like it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?