Saturday, June 26, 2004

 
Lost in Torrance..

So I'm driving on the 405 South like I always do during the week on my way to work. It's Friday and I"m doing all the same rituals I always do on the way. (Cigaretettes, Coffee, etc..) The last think I remember is that I'm listening to Howard Stern and he's interviewing the senior editor for Playboy and asking him really funny questions. The next think I know I look up and I've clearly missed my exit. The exit that I've gotten off every day for the last 10 months. Day in and Day out the same exit and today for the first time I must have passed it. Everything past this exit has left me competely lost. Western? 110? Where am I? So I pull off at the nearest exit. (not knowing if I'm in the twighlight zone or what)and get back on the free way going North. But getting off my work exit going North, positions me in a place I've never been before and I continue to stay lost. It seems like a bad dream at this point. I'm clearly going to be late for work and I find myself in the suburban jungle of border line Torrance going 25 miles an hour through tree lined square lot house streets. Did I black out completely? I mean I guess I couldn't totally black out because I was driving the car. Nothing looks familar. Eventually I guess my way back onto Crenshaw after about 15 minutes. But that half an hour journey came out of nowhere.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?