Thursday, October 28, 2004

 
Mildred ends up at a Burger King on the Left Bank...

Rex,

Congrats on the Google Investment. Don’t sweat the small stuff. You’ve done a good thing. Just get out before it nose dives. And it will nose dive.

The “call” finally came before game 3 of the World Series. My assignment shifted to the compound of Yasser Arafat. Just as I was getting settled at the Hyatt in Tel Aviv, I got another call to head to Paris.

I’m writing you from a Burger King on the Left Bank awaiting the PLO leader’s arrival. Gertrude Stein would sucker punch Picasso in his grave if she saw the gross display of fast food in her old backyard.

As I finished my chocolate shake I started thinking how disappointed you must be with the Boston sweep. Not to fret, Ice Hockey is right around the corner (given that the strike talks get resolved). We should splurge on a Kings game when I get back into town.

The press is running around like chickens with their heads cut off. The New York Times front page reported last night that Arafat was near dying and sick. At the same point and time, Aljazeera was reporting on their front page that Arafat was NOT in fact dying and was recovering nicely. This morning neither paper had anything to say about Arafat but the LA Times was suggesting that he was in his last days.

What gives? I can't help but think this is a dramatic ploy before the elections.

With Love

Mildred
ps..
The Whooper makes me feel bloated and tired.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?