Thursday, November 04, 2004

 
After a botched election (not to mention botched business lunch),
Rex hibernates at the hotel bar to contemplate leaving the country...


Mildred,

If Arafat's food poisoning isn't bad enough, I ended up taking a Citibank officer out to lunch today in Torrance hoping to butter him up for a loan so I can buy more google stock.

It was a middle manager slob fest orgy of everything fried smothered in everything sweet (If you save room for desert). In short: disgusting. Long story short: He had the shrimp PO-boy. I didn't. Four hours later I get a call from a paramedic stuck in 405 traffic. My ticket to a new line of credit is in an ambulance, about to die from food poisoning. Though not responsible, I can't help but feel like a culprit (now I have no credit). Do you think Hallmark sells get well cards for food poisoning?

Yesterday was the election and south bay people are still rubbing it in. Now that it’s official, I’m heading to the 24 hr. hotel bar down the street. I expect to come out sometime next week.

Stay safe. Hope Paris is treating you well so far. I’m seriously considering leaving the country. Would like to hear more about your experiences/impressions of Paris so far..

With affection
Rex..

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?