Monday, November 22, 2004

 
Rex gets something off his chest about accountants and bankers..

Mildred,

I was screaming racial epithets at my accountant over coffee this morning, hoping he would quit so I wouldn't have to fire him. After two hours of exhausting every derogatory phrase that came to mind, I decided that accountants who quit are a rare breed.

As for bankers..

Bankers rarely had the shit beat out of them growing up. (at least physically). And if they did happen to wander into a bad situation (usally as a result of drinking champagne all night in Tribecca with girls named Page) you would NEVER stop hearing about it. I'll never forget a colleague stumbling into work one Friday morning with the same suit he had on the day before plus two black eyes. From then on, you couldn't escape a water cooler conversation about how much he thought all Greek Orthodox should be hung. When I asked him if a Greek Orthodox gave him the black eye he said something to the effect of, "I don't want to be racist, but yes. He was Greek Orthodox." Needless to say, this same guy got married to a 4th generation Queens Italian girl, moved to Astoria, currently has three kids, and runs the foreign exchange for a small private equity firm in Port Jefferson. I call that freakin' justice.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?