Sunday, December 05, 2004

 

Mildred covers the Miss World Pagent, and decides to stay for a while...

Rex,

I hope this letter reaches you. They still check the mail in these parts. Thanks for the updates and so sorry to hear about Cash. The comparison to Orson Wells was sadly fitting.

After my assignment at Arafat's funereal, I was commissioned by an anonymous source to cover the Miss World Pageant in Sanya China (strictly a P.R. gig). To everyone's surprise, Miss Peru pulled it off over the Dominican Republic while Miss United States finished a respectable third. Don't get me started on the political undertones.

Covering a world beauty pageant on an island off the coast of China, I started thinking how the act of appearing virile ends up appearing over done and ambitious. For example, how can Mexicans pull off a mustache and appear completely normal, while a white guy ends up looking like either a pedophile from any town USA, a used car salesmen from Milwaukee, or a middle management Minneapolis insurance agent?

Long story short (and case and point): I think I'm going to stay here for my Christmas vacation and ring in the New Year in L.A. Will you be around?

If you need to write me going forward here's the address:

Holiday Inn Resort Yalong Bay Sanya
Yalong Bay National Resort District
Sanya 572000 China

More detail once I get myself settled.

Mildred

Comments:
Hey Rex

I sent back the key card to the Best Western Mayfair that I accidentally bogued. IF they give you any shit about it tell them to suck rocks.

Henriette.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?