Tuesday, July 05, 2005

 

Mildred gets orders to look after Dr. Ralph Stanley



http://www.wavy.com/global/story.asp?S=3540550

Cash,

I was ten miles past Carrolton Kentucky when I got the call from boss to report immediately to a hospital outside Nashville where Bluegrass legend Ralph Stanley was recovering from triple bypass surgery. Boss indicated some chatter from an Al Queda cell out of Murfreesboro while the latest intelligence continues to indicate American icons at high risk.

Dr Stanley is recovering fine and has even resumed daily walks. I guess triple bypass ain't what it used to be. No activity around the Stanley home except a few hippies from Roanoke on a final pilgrimage before entering Hampshire College in the fall.

I've been staying in the garage of Stanley's publicist, Ron Sendoff. Ron's been a gracious host and his wife Isabelle can cook like nobody's business. Last night we hung out in the town square to watch fireworks and indulge in Isabelle's down home southern cooking. If not for a few hours hunting down potential terrorist threats, I've essentially been living in a Thornton Wilder play all week.

Despite the dreamy small town arrangements, I feel I'm in danger of wearing out my welcome. As soon as I get the clear sign from Headquarters I'll take the first flight out of Nashville.

I know this international spy business has prevented us from spending quality time together and for that I'm sorry.

Looking forward to seeing you soon. Please try and write. I haven't heard from you since Ohio.

Mildred.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?