Monday, October 17, 2005

 

"America is a vast conspiracy to make you happy..." - John Updike


Cash,

In our line of work, we are trained to help contain certain atrocities:

A coup d'etat here…

An assassination attempt there…

But when BOSS assigns you to baby-sit a 16-year old in the desert for a week, no training in the world prepares you for a scenario where a sports writer rigs a golf tournament.

As I'm sure you already know, Michelle Wie was disqualified from the Samsung World Championship in her first tournament as a professional and I can’t help but feel responsible.

I fly out from Ontario this afternoon to deal with the fallout from this weekend’s Nazi rally in Toledo. Wish me luck. I’m going to need it…

Mildred

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?