Monday, October 10, 2005

 

Cash runs into John Daly at the Four Seasons San Francisco...


Mil,
I ran into John Daly last night at the Four Seasons Hotel Bar in San Francisco. Before last night, I wouldn't call myself a golf fan, but after listening to the guy's life story till 2AM, I now have a renewed appreciation. In short, Mr. Daly's life is a series of misunderstood Greek tragedies strung together by Pall Mall cigarettes. In case Michelle didn't fill you in - Daly missed a short par putt on the second playoff hole to give Tiger Woods his fourth AmEx Championship. In short -the man choked.

Despite John's obsessive compulsive tendency to have a vodka tonic "ready to go" after every Van Halen song he presets to the juke box, he really is a sweet guy. Last night however his sweetness was offset by vicious threats to the bartender to keep all sports highlight shows off the TV. When I left the hotel this morning to catch my plane back to LA, Daly was stretched out on the valet curb, harassing hotel guests and singing muddled excerpts from, "Running with the Devil." The guy's in a bad way, and I can only hope he gets the help he needs.

Tell Michelle good luck on her driver's license this week. Hope to see you soon.

Love,
Cash

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?